Monday, March 12, 2007

What is it?

November 15, 2006
I am trying to figure out what it is. First, these adolescents, like their other poor counterparts, experience a tremendous amount of stressful life events. There are constant barriers and challenges they are faced with and must navigate an unpredictable world. Second, despite all of the possible negative events in their lives, they have something that keeps them going, something that makes them get up in the morning and go through another day. They are not antisocial, underachieving, or in possession of low aspirations as the current research would suggest. The data analysis process became the discovery of this “thing” and the realization that the “thing” is hope.
I am trying to write a paper that will capture the viseral feeling that my slide show conveys. I want to get that feeling written down. I think it is hope. It has been right there all along. . .the last quote of my slide show it "Hopefully my dreams will keep me going."

No comments:

Post a Comment