Monday, March 12, 2007

Interpretive Focus Groups

April 4, 2006

I’ve been thinking about the interpretive focus groups I want to conduct with my data. I am thinking about creative ways to look at the data with a group. The obvious ways are to read a transcript aloud. I am also thinking about showing a photograph and saying “tell me the story that goes with this photo” or something like that. Also asking them to help me figure out the teen pregnancy finding and the peer group finding. I also had the idea to day from a speaker I heard to maybe do a card sort kind of thing where I write words from the interviews and have them sort them into categories. Just another way to talk about classism and other issues. I may try this this summer in class and see how it works before I bring it to the focus groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment