Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday

I am starting a new weekly posting called "Thanksgiving Thursday." I know it is a little too soon to start thanking people (because it isn't actually over yet). However, it is time to start recognizing the people who are getting me through this. My first official thank you is going to Larry. Larry has been part of this all since I applied to doctoral programs. There have been many times when I have questioned what I am doing and doubted that I could survive some of the politics of academia. Larry has always supported me. Larry also listens to me (and engages in conversations with me) when I talk about poverty and all of the things on my mind. Without this constant dialogue, I would not have gotten to this place. I am very lucky. So, on this first Thursday of April I thank you, Larry Ronco.

No comments:

Post a Comment