Saturday, September 17, 2005

This is my world

September 17, 2005

I am feeling incredibly attached to my data, possessive, territorial. Maybe this is common when it is your first research project, and yet maybe this is just my passionate side coming through. I have the potential to get someone to help with the transcribing. I am hesitant to bring another person on board; to give some one else access to my data. I feel obligated to uphold my promise to the participants to not share their information with anyone else. I am committed to the trust they had in me and the work they did. My data are rich and I want to get into them, to see them from all angles. I know that to get to that place I have a lot of work to do and I know that it won’t take away from my project to allow someone else to help me. I also find that I want to hear their voices again. I want to spend time with them while I am transcribing their interviews. My personal attachment to the participants is standing in my way when it comes to giving up some of the work. But there aren’t enough hours in the day. There isn’t enough time to get everything done and this help would be an asset.

No comments:

Post a Comment